Friday, November 4, 2011

MOD Bee November for Jess

Hey Mod Bee members~
I finally wrote up my bee block instructions and will be emailing them to you shortly.  This month, I'd like you to make me a Mock Kitchen Windows block!

Full Disclaimer—I looked at photos of several quilts made from Elizabeth Hartman’s Kitchen Windows pattern from her Practical Guide to Patchwork book.  I have not seen the actual book or read the printed pattern.  This is what I was able to figure out from the photos.  It is a fairly simple block and I believe any experienced quilter with a good eye could figure out something similar and make it without the pattern, which is why I do not feel bad sharing my version for guild bee use.  That said, I also do not feel comfortable posting my mocked-up instructions on the internet, so I am emailing them to you instead.
In your envelopes you will find window frame fabric (purplish-blue) and sashing (kona white).  Please use your own stash to fill in the windows.  Medium to large scale prints work great. Choose fabrics that give good contrast to the window sashing.  Feel free to add a pieced block as one of the focus patches through the “window” frame. 
**NOTE** use the back side of the purplish-blue fabric, as a solid!  I don’t want the print to show on the front of the block.
I’ll happily accept these blocks at the December guild meeting, or you can mail them to me. 
If you have questions, please let me know~
Thanks everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment