Saturday, January 11, 2014

Lucky 13 Bee ... calling new members!

There are several members who have decided to drop off this bee (at least for now) and therefore we have room for new!  If you'd like to join us send me your name and info (and if you have a preference of month -- no guarantee) or come to February's meeting and let me know.  If there are a lot of you, we may just start ANOTHER bee.  It's a fun way to try new ideas and share experiences... and get a jump on a project!
reply here or send to my email: jodysull@optonline.net

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jody,
    Can you tell the new members, like me, what the bee entails. I am interested and I've never been part of a bee before.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each "Queen" gets a month to choose what block (s) she wants the others to create for her. She usually offers some fabric to be used (usually allowing or asking for the others to also raid their stash) and sometimes very specific directions of what should be made and other times very "free". Instructions and "starting kit" gets sent to other members -- or handed out at meetings-- and the members should complete the block(s) within the month and return mail (or hand deliver) the finished item. A posting on this site first is always appreciated so others can see what's happening. Sandy, if you're going to be at February's meeting I can answer more questions... or ask them here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody. I love this idea. Please count me in. I don't care what month I am, just not the first one, ok?
      This is a great way to get to know everyone.
      S

      Delete
    2. ok... I wrote your name down... will have to get other info (email, address etc) Will you be at Feb. meeting?

      Delete