Thursday, November 11, 2010

McCall's Design Contest

I am happy to be one of the 12 finalists in the McCall's Quilting Design Star Competition.
Below is my entry for Challenge # 2.



If I make it through this challenge there is one more round before they announce the winner.


For this challenge we were sent 10 fat quarters from Robert Kaufman Fabric.


 We had to use at least 8 of the 10 fabrics. The quilt needed to be at least 24 x 24 or 576 square inches. We could add fabric to the mix - but their fabric had to make up at least 50 % of the quilt. I chose to add Dupioni Silk for the other fabrics.


 
Pop over to my own blog for a description of how I arrived at this design. And pop over to the McCall's site to cast a vote! (Also it would be great if you would leave a comment in the comment box and then click "add comment"

1 comment:

  1. John,

    Didn't I see this quilt on the Pickle Road Board? It's awesome, congrats!

    Sue E.

    ReplyDelete