Wednesday, February 23, 2011

my ufo's


funny but just the day before reading what this week's topic is, I pulled out this top that I started 8 years ago when my first grandchild was expected. Her family already had two grey cats (their babies at the time) and I thought I should make something appropriate for the baby. However, it turned out a bit larger than I wanted and wasn't really "baby appropriate" -- so I tucked it away. Recently I found a few moments of "free time" and pulled it out -- determined to do something. Well, I've sandwiched it but still don't know what to do with it. I may donate it to my sister's Wildlife Rescue League's annual auction -- assuming I get it done.

the other ufo is a top I made from two of those little packages of "charms" I convinced myself to buy at the Houston International Quilt Show a couple years ago.... What can you possibly do with a bunch of two-inch squares???? Again, during another time of "having to sew" but having no real project started, I started piecing until all square were gone.... then added a little border, and that's as far as I've gotten.


3 comments:

  1. Oh your local SPCA would love that cat quilt for their fund raiser. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the squares. How about a border of bigger squares & then call it a day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat quilt is great! Maybe you could use the deadline for the auction as a personal one for finishing it, and think of the homeless dogs and cats as your motivation (do you feel guilty yet?! :) )

    ReplyDelete