I posted some information about virtual quilting bees the other day, and a lot of folks expressed an interest in starting our own virtual quilting bee! It sounds like a great idea and will be pretty easy to execute (we will use the blog to post our photos and have a sidebar button and links to keep track of everything). Interested? Here are the rules and instructions:
NYC Metro Bee Rules:
1. Up to 12 people can sign up the for bee. If more than 12 are interested, we can start another bee and designate a new "Bee Mother."
2. Please sign up only if you are willing to make a 12-month commitment. If you drop out, please find a new member to take your place.
3. Each month, one member will be the "Queen Bee." He/she will instruct the members what kind of block to make. The instructions can be as specific or general as you like (i.e., make a block using red fabric, make a wonky log cabin, make a springtime-themed block, etc).
5. Each member makes one block for the Queen Bee each month, in any size that the Queen Bee chooses (12.5 inches is usually standard). Members are certainly welcome to make additional blocks (optional)!
6. After each member completes a block, he/she should post a photo to the blog (we want to see your beautiful work!) and mail the block to the Queen Bee. Each member is responsible for postage, but it only costs about one dollar to mail.
7. Members are responsible for staying current with their blocks! If you cannot meet a timeline, please let that month's Queen Bee know ASAP.
Please email me at nicolehkaplan [at] gmail [dot] com with the following information (I will not post any personal information on the blog, other than first names and blog addresses):
a. Full Name
b. Email Address (and blog address, if you want to share it)
c. Mailing Addres
d. Preferred month to be the "Queen Bee." Please include 2 options, just in case.
You do not have to choose yet what kind of blocks you want the bee members to make. Start checking out Flickr and other sites for inspirations!
Questions? Just post a comment below or feel free to email me! Thanks!