Sunday, May 8, 2011

Let's Get Talking: Week 11

Yes, I know, I've been letting my responsibilities slide the past couple weeks.. leaving you with nothing to talk about and the blog suddenly went quiet..

I had a whole other topic planned for this week, but then I remembered it's Mother's Day, so let's make this one easy.  This week, please write a post about your Mom.

"My mom?" you say, "but what does that have to do with quilting?"
That's just it, you tell us.  Does your mom quilt? Does she sew?  What is her creative outlet? 

and the official questions:
  1. What does your mom think about your quilting?
  2. Have you ever made a quilt for her?
Tell us as much or as little as you want about your mom, but please, put her first name as the title of your post.  Pictures encouraged (especially if they show younger versions of you!)

1 comment:

  1. How nice of you to ask! My mother died in 1998, but she was always interested in my quilting. In 1996 I moved back to the Catskills to take care of her, and -- quite honestly! -- to enjoy her company as well. I remember getting some quilt block kits from JoAnn Fabrics, where I was working at the time, and together we discovered that she was unable to see well enough to work on them with me. So incredibly sad! But, my Mom always was proud of my efforts in my many years as a quilter/craftswoman, and that has grounded me. Today I celebrate my mother, and her love of all things beautiful!

    ReplyDelete