Wednesday, September 14, 2011

41 Symbols of Life for David...41..oops 38....ahhh 41 for david

41..oops 38....ahhh 41 for David...okay so as you see from the title...I was all finished, excited and ready to post.  Then when the picture loaded, I did a quick count to double check...and yikes it was only 38...


Then I had to go back...and my printer stopped working, then I finally got a much needed new printer...and sooooo...
(Original Post)  David...I hope you like em...

Okay David's challenge was for his 41st birthday.  So, we had to come up with something that would symbolize 41.

I thought, and thought, and thought.  I thought some more...and I thought about quotes, and words with 41 letters (there are not any in the english language).  I thought and thought even more...and then I thought of one of my favorite symbols (which oddly is not included in his piece...How did I miss that.).  It is an Adinkra symbol that means "Gods Time is the Best Time."  Then I said to myself...self...wouldn't it be great to give him symbols that have meanings that are related to life.  Something for reflection, a bit of learning, a bit of culture (although it is not mine, per se, but a beautiful one indeed).  There are more than 41 symbols, I just picked the ones that I thought would be interesting, inspiring, and empowering...and so for you...David...

41 Adinkra Symbols and there meanings. (it is a bit larger than 12" x 12", but you did not specify a size...smiles)  You can not see the one on top in this picture.  Yes its 41.  whew..David I hope you like it..

2 comments:

  1. These symbols are beautiful in themselves. Could be a whole quilt, E. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete