Friday, October 5, 2012

Lucky 13 - October Block Instructions


After totally dropping the ball and forgetting that this was my month, I stayed up til the wee small hours last night prepping fabric for my Lucky 13 Bee-mates.

The quilt I want to make is called Trajectory and is designed by Monkey Beans (finished quilt here). Each Bee member is going to get a packet with five 6.5"x6.5" squares in various shades of pink through purple, five 8"x6" rectangles of various shades of yellow, and the paper templates. I'm not going to print out instructions on how to paper piece the blocks because that would be wasteful. Instead, please follow the very clear directions found HERE.

A few notes:
  • The 8"x6" rectangles will need to be cut in half into 8"x3" strips to form the boomerangs. 
  • Some folks will get 2 strips of 8"x3+" of a yellow just due to the cutting of the fabric.
  • Please use the same colour yellow to form the boomerangs on one square.
  • Pair the colours as you see fit, high contrast, tonal, whatever!
  • Please send the 5 trimmed blocks back to me (sounds like a lot of blocks but it's only 10 seams)
I'm going to bring the packets with me to tomorrow's guild meeting so please come and grab one from me!

Tina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment