Monday, December 10, 2012

Member Spotlight: Barbara Peterson

This is a Q & A series to get to know our members.  Today, Barbara Peterson talks to us about her experience as a quilter.

Tell us about yourself.  Where are you from and how long have you been in our guild?

A: Grew up in Los Angeles – traveled around a bit, got married and ended up in Manhattan since 95.  Retired from Metro North Railroad as a locomotive engineer in 2008 and have been quilting ever since. Join Mod Quilters in November 2012.

Have you always been crafty?  What other things do you make?
A:    Was a big time knitter but since I discovered quilting….

Where do you sew?
A:    At home in my living room and when I attend my Bee.

What is your favorite type of project?

A: Making a new block real rings my bell – putting it all together not so much

What’s your favorite quilting tool?

A:    Needle point tweezers
What type of fabrics do you use most often?

A:  Cotton

Who or what inspires you most in quilting?

A:  Art quilters amaze me

What are you working on now?
A:  Baby quilts for charity – I use up my stash and can then buy more fabric for a new quilt.

 
What kind of projects would you like to tackle in the coming year?

A: Will take a class at CQ on shibori dying with Susan Sato, this type of class is not in my comfort zone

(Thank you Barbara!   Good luck with your shibori class~  If you would like to be interviewed for this series, please fill out the questionnaire and email it to jessunderquilts at yahoo dot com)

2 comments:

  1. Love learning about each member.. wish there had been some pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. I would like to know more about how Barbara got into quilting...and more about her travels, too. Have never known a locomotive engineer before.

    ReplyDelete