Sunday, June 16, 2013

Perseverance for the June Queen Bee

Okay... Whew.  I wonder if someone told Kim W. that I am the worst at precision piecing, unless it is on a foundation.  So my ordeal began when I used the wrong square for one of the parts.  Now mind you, normally it would be an oops okay, but I had the precise number of pieces and they were all VINTAGE..  

So panic attack ensured with about 4 emails to her with various solutions...including like vintage fabric options.  Now I should probably back up.. I read through the instructions... Her instructions, the blog instructions that we were directed to... And there were a multitude of colors for the various parts.  But her descriptions was great... So once I figured that out I re read the instructions another 4 times lol. 

But I picked up the wrong blue square... Anyway I managed to salvage and was on my way.  I made sure to measure and follow everything to the tee.  But when it came time to put it all together.  The seams appeared off.  So I took those apart another 2 or 3 times each, and then realizes it will appear off until I switch the 1/4 inch. Can you say duh...

Anyway.  Now that I have done this block multiple times, I have to say I LOVE IT.  and will add this only project list.. I wonder what color combos I can come up with...

Thanks Kim W.  I realize that I am an A type even in sewing lol.

I hope you love it as much as I have grown and fallen for this scrappy nickel Dutch rose block.


Compete with your bonus squares... Yippee

2 comments:

  1. Lol E - I'm so glad to hear I wasn't the only one to mess up on a piece of the fabric and have a panic attack, I had to substitute one white HST on mine with a piece of Kona! :)

    ReplyDelete