Monday, July 1, 2013

July Lucky 13 Bee Block

July Lucky 13 Bee Block




My Bee Block for July is a simple Square in a Square.  The inspiration for this block came from my dear friend Sherry who lives in Buffalo.  When Sherry comes to visit she always brings me goodies like cookies and magazines and fabric!  Recently I was the recipient of a pack of  10” Japanese Indigo  squares and a pack of Kaffe Fasset’s warm, muted striped fabric.  Even though I received them on different occasions, I noticed how well they went together.

The challenge for this month is to make two (2)  9 ½”  Square in a Square blocks using these two fabrics and some solids, or fabrics that read as solid, from your stash.



Fabric and instructions will be on  their way to the Lucky 13 Ladies and to Sherry too!

Happy 4th of July to all!




3 comments:

  1. Красивые блоки. Цветовая гамма насыщенная и приятная.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! They go together perfectly. In fact, I may add some Kaffe muteds to my Indigo quilt in progress. Can hardly wait to see these bee blocks all together. Give my regards to Sherry, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am excited to see how it turns out.

      Delete