Sunday, July 28, 2013

Staying Caught Up

July
The more I looked at Deidre's inspiration painting, the more I liked it.  I concentrated on the middle section.  The block was made in an improvisational manner similar to the confetti block a few months ago.  I really liked the yellow/gold fabric that was sent, and I wanted to include as much of it as possible into the block.  I just kept adding segments until I ran out of that fabric.







August
I went so far as to name this block - Olive Block *wink*.  I especially like the finished size being larger than normal.  Sometimes, we get stuck in 12-inch block box.





These blocks made for fun Saturday sewing.  On to a new project tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your block came while I was out of town - it was a lovely surprise to come back to! I love the fabrics you used and the way you chose to design the block! THANKS!
    :-D eirdre

    ReplyDelete