Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jay McCarroll Challenge Quilt: "It's a Twister, Auntie Em!"

I finally finished the Modern Quilt Guild's Jay McCarroll challenge, using his Habitat fabric collection.  I thought that the finished quilt looked like a twister, so I named it in honor of the Wizard of Oz character.


Closeup!

Backing.
It's not a very large quilt, so it would probably be best as a baby's play mat or a table topper.



You can read more about the finished quilt HERE.  Can't wait to see the other finished quilts!

5 comments:

  1. NIcole, It looks fabulous!! So glad that I was able to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks terrific! Really love the way you spiraled the center points as well....great movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo love it. And even great idea for my tree skirt.smiles. Amazing job. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is beautiful! I really like that last
    piece that is a partial - it gives it movement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cool....... and you've been busy also finishing your "modern quilt" challenge. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete