Sunday, June 5, 2011

NYC Mod Bee - June Block

For Kimberly's month of the NYC Mod Bee, she asked us to make a 12.5 inch block that featured interesting textures.  I received some selvedge fabric and giant rickrack in my fabric package, and suggestions to use prairie points, hexagons, etc.

I ended up handpiecing large hexagons for the block.  I included rickrack, selvedges, lace overlay and pintucked fabric for a lot of interesting texture elements.  After I handpieced the hexagons, I machine-sewed the blocks to some plain white fabric.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Show off....smiles roll...Nicole the block is fantastic...I love it...ugh...whatever shall I do. It really looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E! I hear you! Nicole rocked it and OMG what are we going to do???
    Zippers . . . I have a few thoughts, but I'm not sharing yet. hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block - love the spider!

    ReplyDelete