Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let's talk over coffee?

I know it's a little last minute, but if anyone is available this Saturday and would like to come out to Long Island, the Evening Star Quilt guild of Mineola is having their annual show this weekend, and I'd love to get together to see the show and then go for coffee/lunch afterwards.  Anybody interested?
I was planning to be at the show around 11 am Saturday, and head to the Panera on Rt. 25 (5 mins from the show location) for coffee around 12:30?
Show details are in the link below, but a bit about the guild--
it's large (100 members?) and the show should have between 50-80 quilts.  They're pretty traditional, but there's always someone trying something new, so it's worth a look.  They have two small rooms of vendors too.  I thought it would be nice to see the quilts together and then share our impressions. 

http://www.eveningstarquilters.org/id6.html

(email me [jessunderquilts at yahoo dot com] and I'll send you my cell # for meet-up details.  I may be able to pick up 2~3 people from Mineola station on the LIRR..)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I could join you! Too much going on this weekend. Please take lots of photos and show us your faves!

    ReplyDelete