Monday, December 1, 2014

Caught Up...for Today

It's been a long time since I've posted.  I've been in a bit of a sewing funk, but I've been trying to keep up with the bee blocks.  
I think I've been overwhelmed with UFO's and fabric (including LOTS of scraps that I just cannot bear to do away with, but they WILL be used in a project).

It's hard to believe that this is the 4th year for this bee.  It all started back in May 2011.  The creativity is staggering.  Every month, I am amazed at the incredible block ideas and look forward to seeing the finished quilts.   In the meantime, I'm not-so-patiently waiting for the next Serial podcast and anxious to see what block we get to make for December.




November 

Rossanna's instructions to make a liberated 9-patch was easy enough.  Adding the recycled candy wrapper flowers and embellishment kind of threw me a bit.  In the end, I like the result.

October  Maria's flying geese.  The "no waste" instructions were fantastic.  For the liberated version, I had the geese fly in the traditional "V" formation.  I wanted the smallest to be in the lead and appear ombré (the mid-sized geese match the fabric on the other block).


















September 
Liberated log cabin for Andrea - I love the way this type of block looks in a quilt.  It harkens back to string quilts and using what you have.















July 
Small paper-pieced fans for Judith.  The straight lines of these really show how easy paper-piecing can be.





No comments:

Post a Comment