Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lucky 13 Bee Blocks

I realized when I went to look at the directions for the Cherrywood Challenge (yep, I'm a little behind these days) that I never posted pictures of my Bee Blocks!

Here's my block for Chris - green, a hint of black, a pop of color & some curves. I accidentally cut my fabric wrong for the curve, so I ended up with 2 curves. This was a fun block, since I learned what NOT to do! But I still like the way the block turned out. Sometimes our "mistakes" force us to be more creative!



And here's Daniela's Christmas tree block! I thought the tiny HST's would be an issue, but they weren't so bad. However, this was the block that refused to be 12.5"! Every time I thought I was done, I would measure and it would be off. Ooops!

Eventually, the block cooperated & I was able to send it off to Daniela! I had a blast with this block! I cranked up the Christmas tunes and went to town!

Of course, now I still have to finish the block from when I was the "Queen Bee!"

3 comments:

  1. Karen . . . I do have your december queen bee block and will bring it on Saturday . . . sorry to have not mailed it sooner!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Chris! Like I said, I still have to make my block!!! :) See you tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Love your tree block and the story of its independent nature! Both blocks are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the NYC Metro Modern Quilters Guild blog! We appreciate your comments.